The City of Ramsey is RCP’s community partner for the 2017–2018 school year. A northwestern suburb of the Twin Cities only 25 miles from Minneapolis, Ramsey is located along the rapidly growing Interstate 94/U.S. Highway 10 corridor between the Twin Cities and St. Cloud, and has a stop on the Northstar Commuter Rail Line.
Named for Alexander Ramsey, the first Territorial Governor of Minnesota, Ramsey has long benefitted from its location on the Mississippi River. It contained one of the first permanent European settlements in the area, and was officially organized as Ramsey Township in 1857, a year before Minnesota was granted statehood. The township was incorporated as the City of Ramsey in November of 1974. The city’s population is projected to grow rapidly over the next two decades, from 23,000 residents today to nearly 35,000 residents and 13,000 households by 2040.
RCP will partner with City staff and community stakeholders on 20 projects designed to further the city’s strategic planning priorities, which include financial stability, a connected community, smart citizen-focused government, and an efficient organization. Projects include small business incubation, community engagement, Highway 10 corridor planning, floodplain protection, public asset management, greenway planning, housing opportunity, organics recycling, retail market analysis, water conservation, and a resident volunteer program. Learn more about Ramsey’s projects >>
RCP–Ramsey Partnership in the News:
- Quad Cities Community Television (QCTV), September 2017, Ramsey Matters: Resilient Communities
- Planning Minnesota, May-June 2017, Ramsey Resilient Communities Project (see p. 12)
- The Ramsey Resident (city newsletter), May-June 2017, City of Ramsey Partners with University of Minnesota through Resilient Communities Project
- Conversations (Center for Transportation Studies blog), April 27, 2017, Resilient Communities Project to partner with City of Ramsey
- ABC Newspapers, April 24, 2017, University of Minnesota to partner with Ramsey on long-range planning
- Quad Cities Community Television (QCTV), April 2017, Ramsey News & Views
- Star Tribune, March 24, 2017, U project picks Ramsey for partnership
- Press Release, March 16, 2017, University of Minnesota to partner with City of Ramsey through Resilient Communities Project