RCP will reimburse students and faculty for reasonable project-related expenses, including travel to and from the University of Minnesota to RCP’s partner community, printing, and project-related supplies. Review the UofM Mileage Reimbursement policy for travel examples and to confirm the portions of your journey that are eligible for reimbursement.
The following are NOT eligible expenses: Parking fees at the University of Minnesota, lodging, meals, books, computer hardware or software.
For all expenses other than travel in a personal vehicle, the University of Minnesota requires an itemized receipt (not just a credit card receipt) in order to be reimbursed.
How to Request Reimbursement
1. DOWNLOAD THE U OF MN REIMBURSEMENT FORM.
2. COMPLETE ALL OF THESE FIELDS
- Empl ID: Provide your U of MN student ID number (or employee ID if you have one)
- Name: Provide your first and last name
- Email: Provide your U of MN email address
- Address: Provide the address where you would like your reimbursement check sent.
- Travel Destinations(s): Provide the location(s) you traveled to.
- Travel Date(s): Provide the date (or date range, if more than one day) the travel took place.
- Detailed Expense Justification: Fill in the sentence formula provided for each trip.
3. DETAIL YOUR EXPENSES IN THE SECTION AT THE BOTTOM
- Provide a detailed description of the expense(s) in the section titled "Detailed Expense Justification."
- For travel in a personal vehicle, list the to and from location for your mileage request. The form will calculate the reimbursement amount after you fill in the mileage column.
- For all other expenses, list the date of the purchase, the location of the purchase, and the purpose of the purchase. The amount of the purchase should be entered in the “Other” column on the right side of the form. NOTE: You must provide an itemized receipt that lists your purchases (not a credit card receipt) to be reimbursed for any items or services purchased.
4. SIGN AND DATE THE FORM where it says “Signature of Payee and Date.” Unsigned forms will be returned to you and will delay your reimbursement.
5. SUBMIT THE COMPLETED FORM TO RCP, along with itemized receipts for any purchases made:
- By email: [email protected]
- By campus mail: Resilient Communities Project, 330 HHHSPA, Del Code 7452A
- By U.S. mail: Resilient Communities Project, CURA – U of MN, 330 HHHSPA, 301 19th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55455