RCP will reimburse students and faculty for reasonable project-related expenses, including travel to and from the University of Minnesota to RCP’s partner community, printing, and project-related supplies. For travel, please review the U of M Mileage Reimbursement policy for travel examples and to confirm the portions of your journey that are eligible for reimbursement.
The following are NOT expenses eligible for reimbursement: Parking fees at the University of Minnesota, lodging, meals, books, computer hardware or software.
For all expenses other than travel in a personal vehicle, the University of Minnesota requires an itemized receipt (not just a credit card receipt) in order to be reimbursed.
How to Request Reimbursement
1. DOWNLOAD THE RCP REIMBURSEMENT FORM.
2. COMPLETE ALL OF THESE FIELDS
- Name: Provide your first and last name
- UMN Empl ID/Student ID: Provide your U of MN student ID number (or employee ID if you have one)
- Address: Provide the address where you would like your reimbursement check sent.
- Email: Provide your U of MN email address
- Phone: Provide a daytime phone number in case there are questions about your request
3. BUSINESS JUSTIFICATION FOR YOUR EXPENSES SECTION
- Provide a detailed description of the expense(s) (who, what, where, when, and why). This should include the title of the RCP project and the UMN course number (if applicable), as well as the types of expenses for which you are requesting reimbursement.
- For travel in a personal vehicle, list the date of each trip, the "to" and "from" locations for your mileage request, and the purpose for the travel. List the total miles traveled for the trip in the mileage column. Mileage is reimbursed at the federal travel reimbursement rate ($0.625/mile for calendar year 2023).
- For all other expenses, list the date of the purchase, as well as the location of and the purpose for the purchase. If travel was involved, list the "to" and "from" locations in the description column, and the miles traveled in the "Mileage" column. List the amount of the purchase (+ mileage, if applicable) in the "Expense Amount" column. NOTE: You must provide an ITEMIZED receipt that lists your purchases (not a credit card receipt) to be reimbursed for any items or services purchased.
4. SIGN AND DATE THE FORM on the second page. Unsigned forms will be returned to you and will delay your reimbursement.
5. SUBMIT THE COMPLETED FORM TO RCP, along with digital scans or original copies of itemized receipts for any purchases made:
- By email: [email protected]
- By campus mail: Resilient Communities Project, 330 HHHSPA, Del Code 7452A
- By U.S. mail: Resilient Communities Project, CURA – U of MN, 330 HHHSPA, 301 19th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55455
Questions about your reimbursement request? Email them to [email protected].